Coffman Truck Sales
Sales, Service, Parts: 630-892-7093
Coffman Truck Sales Facebook
Coffman Truck Sales Logo
Coffman Truck Sales Western Coffman Truck Sales EX-Guard Coffman Truck Sales GMC Coffman Truck Sales Kalmar Coffman Truck Sales Isuzu Coffman Truck Sales Volvo
Coffman Truck Sales Phone Number
Sales: 630-892-7093
Service: 630-892-7093
Parts: 630-892-7093
Close
Coffman Truck Sales Facebook
Close

Our History

This company had it’s start in 1938 by Glenn & Erwin W. Coffman as a local trucking company operating out of Plano, IL, having a general freight, commodities and operating about four straight trucks with 1 or 2 employees. Then came World War II and both Erwin and Glenn went into the Army/Military service in 1942 serving in Europe. After being discharged in December of 1946, they opened a small shop to do their own maintenance and repairs. Within a short time they found other people soliciting their service and repair. In 1949 they signed with GMC truck as a dealer while still running the trucking company. Next they opened a truck stop and a larger facility on Highway 34 in Plano, IL.

In 1965 they were joined by the youngest brother Frank who had just finished 4 years in the Air Force. The brothers kept this operation until 1964 and also opened a facility in Aurora, IL in the same year. They then discontinued the trucking operation. In 1967 they enlarged the operation and built the present facility at 1149 S. Lake St./Route 31 in Aurora, IL. In 1967 the business operated as a partnership until 1975. The business was then incorporated and owned by H. Glenn, Erwin W., Franklin B. and Glenn’s son Mark, who joined the company after college in 1970. With over 40 years of service as a GMC truck dealer, January 1988 saw further expansion as they added Volvo/GMC Heavy Duty franchise to their business. The business then consolidated both franchises into a single operation, dedicated exclusively to sales, service & parts of trucks and related equipment. They staffed qualified people totaling 75 employees. The building facilities occupies approximately 12 acres of land. The dealership was built and used for the exclusive business of trucks, service, parts and related equipment.

In 2007, a new heavy truck building was constructed for Volvo and Isuzu franchises. The GM bankruptcy of 2008 brought some uncertain days, but in the end the dealership stood firm and weather the storm in the true Coffman fashion. Further expansion in 2008 brought the Kalmar/Ottowa Franchise to the dealership, and in 2012 the new building was further renovated to accommodate the GMC franchise, moving the medium and heavy duty business back to the main building.

Today, Coffman’s employs 108 employees, representing the Volvo Trucks, Isuzu Trucks, GMC trucks, and Kalmar/Ottawa Spotting Tractor franchises, with offerings including a service department with 30 service bays, new and used truck sales, rental & leasing, body shop, State of Illinois authorized safety lane, 24-hour towing for Class 1-8 vehicles, and parts department that offers over 100 different product lines.